Ma Bella Vita: Thanksgiving Breakfast + Feeling Thankful

Follow Me on Twitter!

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving Breakfast + Feeling Thankful

No work today...or tomorrow...very thankful for that (oooh yes).

Lately Ive been in hibernation as finals are creeping up on me and I still have some major projects due. As I had mentioned before, Im taking accounting this semester and all I see is debits and credits everywhere I look. Yesterday I spent about 8 hours (no kidding!!!) completing a homework that I thought I would fail. But to my surprise I did VERY, VERY WELL :) (The homework’s get graded right away online).

In other news....Happy thanksgiving! =) This morning I woke up at around 9:30-ish with the mindset of having a healthy breakfast and fitting in a 45 minute (at least) cardio workout + some abdominal work before the hecticness of the day begins. This afternoon the plan is to go over to my aunts house and enjoy the feast of food. My mindset/plan of attack is to:

1. Keep it balanced and in moderation (it can be done!! and my motivation is how great it will feel NOT to fall in to a post-thanksgiving dinner comma)

2. Not deprive myself--if Im craving something that's on the table I'll have some of it and make sure I enjoy every byte. Often times when I do that I dont end up eating the whole "item" and a few bytes is usually enough to satisfy a random craving or a sweet tooth.

So this is what I had for breakfast this morning:

Cinnamon-Raisin English Muffin (my new favorite item), 2 scrambled egg whites (w/ 1/2 a yolk that accidentally fell in) + regular black coffee w/ some organic skim milk (no sugar).

After breakfast I did some light apartment cleaning/organizing to help with digestion as I didn’t want to jump in to a heavy work out right away. It is now about an hour post breakfast and Im heading out to the gym for a kick-ass kick-boxing workout. :D. I'll do the ab work once I get home.

Wishing everyone a happy thanksgiving! Before I leave, I'd like to leave you with *some* of the things Im thankful for:

1. God-- because he is always there for me and helps me cope with difficult times in my life. Spiritual healing is my therapy.

2. Being a healthy person---when you have health you have everything you need

3. My parents and my sister/my whole family- with time you learn that family will always be there for you no matter. Is a great feeling to know that when I need some "grounding" I can always go back home and feel loved.

4. My friends--whom I can always count on when Im feeling down or need some advise--they're like my 2nd family

5. Having a good job with good benefits--that pays for my graduate school. Often times in the past I did not appreciate my job very much but this hard economic times have made me realized how blessed I am

Enjoy this wonderful day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment :)