Ma Bella Vita: 1.1.11 ;)

Follow Me on Twitter!

Saturday, January 1, 2011

1.1.11 ;)

I am so excited to begin this new year! I know this might sound like a cliche but a new year brings me a whole lot of honest, sincere, organic hope to continue working on my dreams or start up on new goals and objectives. Last year was great because I proved to myself that I am capable of so much more than I think and sometimes is just a matter of putting myself out there and "just doing it" as the Nike peeps would say.

During 2010---I ran my first 5k in Charlotte, NC (with barely any training), mountain biked @ a real dirt trail for miles (again, with barely any training), became appreciative of the good things in my life that I am blessed with : My heath, my job/career, the opportunity to advance my education, my amazing family and friends, the freedom to do pretty much anything I want-- the freedom of being in charge of my life. This new year is a blank canvass!! Cheers to the freedom of choice!

So, anyways, I just wanted to share a few of the things that took place yesterday during day & evening. My favorite day of every year hands down has always been 12/31---it even beats my birthday or any other holiday that should probably be more important than the last day of the year :). But I just love 12/31's.

I woke up at 10:30 am (went to bed at 2am the night before helping my dad with his business stuff). I *rushed* out of my apartment to make it to the gym by 11am or otherwise my day schedule would be thrown off. So, yes, as promised. I made it to the gym!! I think sharing it with ya'll keeps me accountable :). I rushed out of my house so quick that I didn't even eat breakfast which is something I don't like to do as it is my favorite meal of the day. However, after 60 minutes of cardio I came home, took a quick shower and had this as a brunch/lunch:



2 egg white, 1 egg yolk made on my "little pan", on Cinnamon raisin flat bread + my coffee w/ milk.
Post breakfast I rushed out of my apartment (again) to make it to my hair appointment. I have the darkest hair you would probably ever see. I have NEVER dyed my hair any color except for highlights. To be honest, I love my natural self. However, I have been thinking of getting my highlights again for seriously the past 2 years or so. I decided to finally take the "plunge" and got my highlights done:



Can u see them ? :) That is me with my little cousin.

The good: I really like how they came out. The bad: I spent about 3-4 hours at the beauty salon because everyone around my neighborhood decided to get a makeover the last day of the year.

When I finally got out of he salon I rushed home (again) and got ready for my family's annual year's eve party where we ate some good food (family potluck):


My Plate:


Eggplant, rice, baked meatballs, chicken. :) (*Before leaving my aparment I had a small peanut butter sandwich on wheat bread, some wheat thins and a cup of peppermint tea. I was starving so, I wanted to make sure I ate something @ home so I wouldnt overdoit @ the party. It worked!)

Drank a mimosa:





And danced the night away!




I am part of a very loud and fun Spanish family so the party didn't end until about 6am. One of the major accomplishments of the nights was that no cops showed up at our door asking us to turn down the music :D
I have to share a secret and admit I didn't drink much alcohol last night (aside from the Mimosa). To be honest---It actually felt good not to get intoxicated like the rest of the world. I just wasn't in the drinking mood and so, I didn't drink but that didn't keep me from having fun. I suppose it is possible to have fun without getting wasted :D. But wait---Does this mean I'm getting old? Maybe I should go reach for a beer asap!!


Happy 2011 to all---may this year bring us 1. Health 2. Love 3. Success & Happiness

QUESTION: What is *one* health-related resolution you have for this coming year?

2 comments:

  1. You are soooo pretty! And your hair looks amazing:)

    One of my health resolutions I already have a jumpstart on...I am giving up Diet Soda. I was soooo addicted!!

    It has been one week today without one...a record for me!!!!

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Leslie!! Congrats on the diet soda resolution. I know how hard it is!!!! looks like you're doing great.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment :)