Ma Bella Vita: Productive Sunday!

Follow Me on Twitter!

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Productive Sunday!

So last night was once again a late night for me as my cousins wanted to go to a lounge and have a drink. So, we did just that and I didn't get back to my apartment until 3:30 am!!!! ahhhh. I was trying to avoid going to bed so late but I seriously need to take advantage of this short break from school and enjoy myself. I had a glass of chardonnay at the lounge and that was enough. I also danced a little bit which was nice. They had great music. The place was too dark to take photos.

This (afternoon) I woke up at around 1:30 pm--- I know it sounds super late! But I was okay with that considering I seriously needed to catch up on some much needed sleep. I woke up refreshed and had this for "breakfast" (Note: it doesn't matter how late I wake up. Breakfast food is a must!):

Kashi oatmeal made with organic skim milk. I added some raisins and decided to 'experiment' by adding a teaspoon of organic crunchy peanut butter. I also had 1 cup of green tea with lemon.
I read a lot of blogs and adding peanut butter to oatmeal seems to be a very common theme. It made my oatmeal sooooooo much more delicious. I absolutely loved it! I will try almond butter in the near future as well.

After breakfast I realized I had a whole lot of cleaning to do around my apartment specially my room so, that is what I decided to tackle for the day! I did some organizing and now I'm feeling much better. I start work again tomorrow (blah!) and I want to make the transition as easy as possible! I'm thinking of picking out my outfits for the week a little later just so that I'm not stressed out during my morning rush.

After about 4 hours of cleaning I started to get really hungry. I opened my fridge and found some left overs from NYE dinner plus some good ol' broccoli stalks:

In the plate: steamed broccoli, 2 baked meatballs, 1/2 cup brown rice mixed with black beans. It was all pretty good and balanced!

I turned on the TV browsing for a good movie but didn't find anything interesting. I think I might finish up some organizing and get ready to tackle the week head on! :)

Question: Do you also have breakfast food no matter what time you wake up? or do you go with the "flow" of the day?

3 comments:

  1. I definitely always need breakfast. The other day, my boyfriend and I got up at noon and he offered me a sandwich- I asked for eggs! haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do eat breakfast no matter what time it is!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment :)