Ma Bella Vita: Sundays are for Relaxation

Follow Me on Twitter!

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Sundays are for Relaxation

So this entire weekend was spent celebrating the birthday of one of my closest friends. During the celebrations we were reminiscing on how this year will our 10th year anniversary since we’ve known each other. As the saying goes: “Friends are the siblings god forgot to give you”. :) The celebrations started on Friday night where we all met at a bar called Brass Monkey in the meatpacking district. I had to drive home from work and then take the subway all the way downtown Manhattan. It was well worth it though. Was able to party it up with the birthday girl and catch up with some friends I hadn’t seen in a while!

Besides visiting lounges and clubs since Friday night, my favorite part of the bday weekend was going to brunch at Essex Restaurant on Saturday afternoon. Essex is located in Lower East Side also downtown Manhattan. I would highly recommend it. The waitress was very nice and attentive and the ambiance can be described as laid back and chic.

I had to indulge in some eggs Benedict:

*Absolutely delicious and definitely at the top of the list of the best brunch meals I've ever had.

So at Essex, for $20 you get whichever brunch item you desire plus unlimited Mimosas or Bloody Marys!!! (Yesterday I learned bloody Mary is a combination of vodka and tomato juice!—I had no idea! Can you tell I don’t drink much?! Hehe) I could have done without the unlimited drinks. But for those who enjoy a drink at any time of the day (such as the bday girl) this is the perfect deal. I drank about 3 sips from the one Mimosa I ordered and that was about it.

We spent about 3-4 hours at brunch just talking and catching up on girl stuff (oh yeah it was an girls only brunch outing). After brunch we rushed home to make it on time to meet another friend of ours at a wine bar called Pasitas very close to the Meat Packing District. At Pasitas the girls and I shared a nice Margarita flat bread pizza and delicious red wine. I couldn’t take any pictures in there because it was so dark but the pizza and wine were amazing! After Pasitas we walked over to a very cool bar called Employees Only—its really small. More of a “date” place but we had fun nonetheless and the bartenders were pretty hot up in there. I will definitely visit both places again in the near future.

I drove myself back to my apartment this morning. So happy is Sunday and I can finally relax and unwind from my fun filled weekend. I made myself some breakfast:

*Eggs sandwich made w/ 2 eggs (1 yolk) and cinnamon raisin flat bread plus a cup of Joe with organic skim milk. I added some mozarrella cheese to the eggs which melted perfectly.

Now Im catching up on some blog reading and will be doing some cleaning/apartment shores and reading later.

QUESTION: What do you usualy do on sundays? How was your weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment :)