Ma Bella Vita: More than just Valentine’s Day.

Follow Me on Twitter!

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

More than just Valentine’s Day.

Shout Out!!: 02/14/11 was my sister’s 24th bday—Happy Bday to her! Im taking her to see a Broadway show in a couple of weeks as her gift....More on that in a future post. ;)

In related news---I had a very, very nice Valentine’s day yesterday and it had nothing to do with spending time with a boyfriend or a fiancé or a husband…I know the love of my life is near and can’t wait to meet him! But until he arrives---the reason for my nice valentine’s day is that for the first time in my life I woke up on 02/14 with an extremely optimistic attitude about life, about my blessings, about all the amazing things in my life that I am very grateful for---My amazing parents (married for 28 years!), my crazy/fun sister, my marvelous-wonderful friends, my health and the health of my loved ones, the roof over my head, the cool dates I’ve been in and the guys i'm getting to know, my job, my lifestyle…and the list goes on and on! I guess I’ll stop here.

The point is that I think I finally understood that Valentine’s day doesn’t have to be just a date for couples---is a day for everyone who has love in their life one way or another and we all know Love comes in a million different ways and forms….I think I had an “Aha!” moment. And who doesn’t love those?!

Finally I want to share that I got some chocolates from a very nice guy I know ;) and also that my mom made a valentine’s dinner for my sister and I (how great is she?!) The dinner came with dessert and all! (and we all know how much I love dessert!). So, after class I passed by my parents’ house and enjoyed some healthy food (my mom appears to be well aware of my health-conscious lifestyle). So, this is what she made as the supportive mother that she is:

For the love of seasoned grilled shrimp, potatoes and veggies:

The dessert--Deditos de novia (Spanish for “Bride fingers”)—These are pastries filled with guava paste. My mom makes them and they’re pretty amazing. I promise a future post with ingredients and photos on this:



QUESTION: What are your grateful for?

2 comments:

Thank you for your comment :)