Ma Bella Vita: Trying New Snacks & TGIF

Follow Me on Twitter!

Friday, February 25, 2011

Trying New Snacks & TGIF

So Thursday after my evening class I was starving but didn’t want to eat anything heavy. I usually like to wait until I get home. So, I searched the college vending machine for something “healthy” and “light” and this is what I found:

Some kind of soy chips drizzled w/ a lil’ chocolate on top. They were pretty good and satisfying. As you can see, I enjoyed them while waiting for the subway to take me back to my apartment. Class days are so exhausting!

Last night after the gym I was in the mood for a nice snack. I remembered the recipe I had seen in one of my magazines a couple of weeks ago: Plain Greek Yogurt + Pistachios + Honey drizzled on top:




I have to say---this was pretty delicious and satisfying. I usually like my yogurts with flavor (rather than plain) but the honey definitely added a perfect touch of sweetness. I also had some strawberries and a cup of dandelion tea.
...And this morning I woke up craving eggs :D. I used my Cool Mini Pan and 100% whole wheat flat bread. I've had this breakfast just about every other day for the past  1-2 months:

I also had a small cup of cofee with skim milk....very bueno.
I’m so glad is finally Friday. This week has been exhausting (do I say that every Friday? hehe). I cant wait to finally relax this weekend…maybe catch up on some reading (for fun and for school), watch some movies, do some needed strength training exercises and just overall relax.

There is co-worker happy hour event tonight. My plan is to have 1 glass of red wine and call it a night! I definitely live on the edge ;)...Shall be fun though.


Question: Any plans for the weekend?

2 comments:

  1. I think I say that every week too, even though I work on the weekends!! I am off on Monday and I can't WAIT.

    I definitely just have one alcoholic beverage (sometimes two) when I go out. I just can't drink like I used to. So yeah, we're "living on the edge" in our own, healthier way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha thanks Gina :). I agree, we live it up in our own healthy way and there is nothing wrong with that! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment :)