Ma Bella Vita: The Pretty Salad and the Greek Yogurt

Follow Me on Twitter!

Friday, May 20, 2011

The Pretty Salad and the Greek Yogurt

Just passing by real quick to share what I prepared myself for dinner this evening:

Salad: Romaine lettuce, spinach leaves, grilled chicken, sliced almonds, raisins
Dressing: teaspoon of olive oil + wine vinegar to taste

Of course had to have something semi-sweet post dinner. I grabbed some Dannon Greek yogurt which i found on sale the other day and topped it off with granola and raisins.




I must share that today was such a great Friday that I even made it to the gym for a 70+ min cardio workout involving the elliptical and the treadmill (mainly thanks to my new issue of fitness magazine which kept me going on and on like a zombie while speed walking the treadmill without realizing the time!). The gym was desperately needed considering my consistent over the top snacking and random spurts of stress this past week. I realize the adrenaline of working out always makes me feel a million times better.

...Now I'm trying to figure out how to find some energy to continue working on my take home final for management. I have to get this done so I can give my full attention to studying for my Computer Info Systems final. ugh! I just want my bed and my remote control right now! wish me luck!

Question: What gives you energy to get things done?

3 comments:

  1. I love it when I get random spurts of energy to get me moving! Most of the time it happens when everything adds up; good sleep, a balanced diet the day off and the day before, and plenty caffeine ;)
    Also, I remind myself if I DO get things done that I can have free time later, haha, that works well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gina! I agree! A balanced life brings sooooo many benefits! Im trying to keep this up. Cant wait to be done with school work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have I told you I'm inspired by your eats :-).
    You always make me want to get more fruit and veggies into my day!

    As far as energy to get things done, I'd like to know the secret. I feel if I can get myself out of bed early enough than I'll get a bunch done. I also need to shut my computer and step away. Making lists also helps! OH and lots and lots of COFFEE/TEA

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment :)