Ma Bella Vita: Attitude is Everything!

Follow Me on Twitter!

Monday, June 27, 2011

Attitude is Everything!


So today after work I didn't feel like going to the gym (one of those days) and so I decided to drive myself home. Well, about 5 minutes away from my house right in the middle of a very busy highway someone rear-ended my vehicle. My personality is naturally "calm and collected" so despite what felt like hard impact I managed to get out of my vehicle to check for damages. The other guy also got out his car.

The damage to the front bumper center of his vehicle showed obvious dents while my car had some visible marks. I was surprised to see that the damage was not as visibly heavy as I thought. Nonetheless, my hands did eventually begin to shake and I became nervous and shaken up for a while. I could barely dial 911. We waited for the cops for almost an hour but no one showed up. Ultimately I agreed to exchange information, called his insurance carrier immediately after I got home and went to the police precinct assigned to the area where the accident occurred to file a report (just in case!).

Despite this unwanted experience---I feel very grateful that nothing serious happened. It could have been worst but I know someone up above is ALWAYS watching over me and protecting me---there is no doubt about that. Moments like today reminded me of how lucky I am to be alive, to be well, to be in good health--these are things we often take for granted until some kind of wake up call comes along.

As the saying goes--life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it and with that saying comes the fact that we always have the option to choose our attitude towards everything that happens to us. As nervous and freaked out as I was a few hours ago; I've found it in me to see the positive side of this experience.

Personal note: so I am catholic and growing up my mom constantly reminded me (and still does) that this beautiful lady is always looking over me:

....I agree with her 100%. This is "La Virgen de la Altagracia" she is the main catholic figure in the Dominican Republic (which is where I am from) and she is  by my side all the time. I've gone through enough experiences to know that is true.

Today has been quite a day for me! I shall call it a night.
Have a good evening everyone and stay safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment :)