Ma Bella Vita: Brunch and Life Updates

Follow Me on Twitter!

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Brunch and Life Updates

Hello blogworld! So this past week or so has been super hectic. So much going in my life (once again) that I am working on a comfortable schedule that can allow me to do everything I need to do each day and that includes blogging--which I love so much.

One of the "mayor" things that have happened is that I started a new job and the other one I don't want to talk much about it right now because I'm still in mourning stage :(. But I will share eventually.

So, I no longer travel to Long Island for work. I now take the sometimes extremely packed train (but cheaper commute) to Wall Street!! So, this new job is kinda bittersweet because although I am FINALLY working in the city (where I always wanted to be) my actual work has not changed much. My plan is to change careers and I hope the universe knows this and I can eventually do something different in the near future :). The company that hired me has multiple departments which is something I am excited about as I hope to switch in to a different kind of work once I "prove myself". I guess you can say.

So anyways, this quick blog post is to share a delicious and pleasant brunch experience I shared with a friend of mine last weekend. We went to JoJo restaurant  (check out the Yelp on this).


What I loved: The food was AMAZING and the staff was VERY attentive and nice. The restaurant also has a "Parisian" feel to it and the decor made me feel as if I was still abroad.

What I didn't like so much: The brunch menu kinda "forces" you in to a $28 3-course meal which includes two different kinda entrees plus dessert. I think that's a little bit too much money and too much food for brunch (w/ no unlimited drinks as there are in other places). Nonetheless, now I know better and next time I'll make sure to stay away from the $28 option. I would definitely go there again!! Here are some photos:

What I had:



What my friend had:



We tried each other choices. I have to say the french toast was a million times better than the pancakes (more tasty) but all in all everything was delicious!


So now I have to do some overdue cleaning around the apartment which may or may not be resembling an episode of hoarders.

...On a final random note. Can someone please tell me why I bought a $2.50 chocolate bar after lunch today? (With the emphasis on the $2.50 + tax)

I think I was too spoiled by my Europe trip. Cadbury chocolate is amazing!

Hope everyone is having a good week thus far! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment :)