Ma Bella Vita: The Cold Is No Excuse

Follow Me on Twitter!

Sunday, November 25, 2012

The Cold Is No Excuse

Hello everyone! Hope you're all having a blessed and peaceful Sunday thus far. I don't know what it is about Sunday mornings---I just love the feeling of tranquility that it can bring. Not sure if I'm alone on that :)

On a different note, I have to confess last night I ate like CRAZY. I am not sure if that time of the month is approaching or whether I am just anxious about life in general or bored, or just plain crazy but my evening pretty much went like this: food + television and I ate so much that at some point I just passed out. I dont want to continue talking about that because whats done is done and all I can do is dust myself off, get up and MOVE ON from that! I love the feeling of being healthy and treating my body well/working out. I wont allow some episodes of overeating to take away the feeling of treating myself well that I know and love so much. I actually wrote out a list of my two choices: continue having a mindless feast or going back to what I know is right and what I know feels amazing. I choose the latter. So, moving on!

This morning I literally got up, dusted off and went for a run. I think this is the coldest I have ever ran outside and I wasn't sure what to expect. I put on some layers and a sweater that has a hoodie and off I went! At first the wind scared me a bit and my hands were cold but after pushing through and with the help of music on my Ipod I ran 3 miles straight and walked an extra mile or so for cool down. This FELT AMAZING. This was my fastest run ever according to my Nike App:



Lessons for today:
1. Dont let the cold ever steer you away from exercise. Layer, Layer, Layer!
2. Invest in some workout clothes for the winter
3. I may actually run faster when is cold out (my miles were UNDER 10 minutes. How cool is that?!)

Thanks for reading! Off I go to make breakfast, clean a bit and do some school work. I also have to do some food prep and wait for my mom whom is visiting me later :).

Question: What is the best tip you can provide about running in the cold?

3 comments:

  1. Feel better soon! Glad I found your blog:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Glad you found it too!! thanks for passing by! :)

      Delete

Thank you for your comment :)