Ma Bella Vita: Double Celebration on Christmas 2012 + What ive been up to

Follow Me on Twitter!

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Double Celebration on Christmas 2012 + What ive been up to

Hello everyone!

Hope you all had an amazing holiday! Better late than never--Here is my Christmas recap!
First of all, I spent a couple of days at my parents house and ate pretty much everything in sight from desserts to pastelitos (latin dish) you name it I probably had it. Lets blame it on the spirit of Christmas and lets just say I am getting myself back on track because I have come to the conclusion that I simply love eating healthy and being active. I may steer off the health wagon from time to time but I love getting back on track. And I am only human!

Anyways, enough of that. I want to share that in addition to celebrating the holidays with family and friends we also celebrated my parents 30th anniversary! I am so blessed to have parents that love each other dearly and have been able to grow with each other over 30 years while raising two very respectable young ladies. They set a great example and I look forward to finding that one person to grow old with. How amazing is that! They got married on 12/25/82. Here is a family pic from Christmas night:


And yes I am still in my 20s! lol they had me AFTER they got married in case anyone out there is calculating. Ha! My family partied until 6 am and by that I mean lots of dancing and drinking. I called it a night morning at around 3-4am on Christmas day and snuck away to one of the rooms at my parents house to pass out. I was still snacking at that time! It was time to sleep. My family continued the celebration...

So what have I've been up to this week? Lets just say I am fully enjoying and loving my time off from work. This morning I woke up around 9 ish and talked myself in to going for a 4 mile jog which turned out to be a 4 miler walk/jog combination because it was cold, raining and extremelly windy from time to time. Nonetheless, I was proud of myself for getting my workout in. 



 Post workout I did a 15 minute ab session while I waited for breakfast to be ready. And this was breakfast--

2 slices sprouted whole wheat bread and 2 boiled eggs plus my new discovery: Chai Tea!! (I know I am late to the party but I love it!)



I was still a little hungry after that so I had 1/2 gala apple with 1 tablespoon Peanut Butter Dream (Cinnamon & Raisin flavor) Yum!:
 

Today I met up with a friend of mine downtown which was supposed to be followed by a trip to Trader Joes which has gotten postponed until further notice because it is freezing outside!!! the wind is making it a million times worse so I opted to come home instead and made myself a delicious dinner--

3/4 cup whole wheat pasta with chicken, peppers and onions plus a side of steamed veggies. I also had 1/2 whole wheat Naan from trader joes w/ a little bit of butter added:



 Still so much to do during this break! Is crazy how much you can get done when you dont have to worry about being somewhere from 9-5. Would love to work from home one day! Preferably my own business. :)

Oh! Before I forget--- Yesterdays Elf4Health challenge was:

Wednesday

Look at yourself in the mirror & find THREE things you love about yourself. 
Show us what they are! 

Here are the three things I came up with:
1. My Smile :) <--you can see a glance of it in the pic above 
2.  My body shape---I like to think I am well proportioned whether I am chubby or skinny and I like that.
3. My legs

Bonus: Non-Physical things I love about myself:
1. My good heart
2. My intelligence
3. My Kindness

How is everyones week going? My absolute favorite day of the year is fast approaching (12/31) any exciting plans? I usually spend it with family (yes, another huge party just like on Christmas eve).

Thanks for reading :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment :)