Ma Bella Vita: Back @ Work... and the Longest Trader Joes line in History!

Follow Me on Twitter!

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Back @ Work... and the Longest Trader Joes line in History!

Hey all!

So today should probably declared as "back to reality day" for the majority of us. Back to the work routine. I can def get used to the good life of not having to work for weeks at the time but until that day becomes a reality for me off to work I went!.My alarm went off at the set time but I woke up nearly 30 mins later (insert: PANIC). I got ready as quickly as I possibly could and ran out of my apartment like a bat out of hell. Here is today's work ensemble:


(Sweater is from H&M and was a xmass gift from my sister. Bracelet I already had but matched the sweater perfectly. Sorry about the somewhat blurry pic!)

My breakfast consisted of PB&J on an English muffin, cafe with soy milk (no sugar) and a side of pineapple:




During my lunch I walked to a local Barnes and noble (about 1 mile away from my office) to work on some new years resolutions (if you are committed to something you will find the time!). I got a decaf w/ vanilla soy milk (which I asked for AFTER my order because is cheaper that way) and got to work for about 30-40 minutes before it was time to head back to the office. Mid afternoon I still had some of the decaf leftover and was feeling a tad hungry (had a turkey sandwich and some chips for lunch that held me over for a couple of hours) so I had a snack:


**That Kashi flavor is delicious, btw!

After work I immediately made my way to trader Joes. The place was PACKED (as usual). Trader Joes and I def have a love/hate relationship. I LOVE the food but HATE the crowds and the lines. ugh! Anyways, I managed to do my quick shopping and get out of there on time to find this chaos going on outside:




One of the longest TJ lines I have ever seen!!! I guess people are serious about their new years resolutions! ha! Hope this lasts more than a week for most of those people. The line was seriously long as heck! I apologize for the blurriness but I was feeling a little crazy taking a random pic in the middle of the chaos. I suddenly felt lucky (and glad) that I was able to make it in and out of there before this craziness started. (If this was TJs I can online imagine how packed most gyms were today!).

And this was what I got:



So anyways, managed to get home despite the FREEZING NYC temperatures. Turned on ALL my heaters immediately and then proceeded to make a quick dinner because I was starving!



Baked sweet potato w/ chicken on the side (chicken was made by my mother for new years and I brought some leftovers back to my apartment. Is regular chicken breast with some sauce--everything was delish!).

Now I am lounging here (banana bread in hand lol) ready to get back to reading my book which is getting interesting. Hope you all had a great first work day of 2013!! (Or second day if you worked yesterday).

PS: Random non-health related note---I was super happy today that the fiscal cliff issue (most of it) was resolved last night and now the markets can get back to normal. If you read my blog you know I am into finance and I follow the markets so I was super happy to see the s&p500 and other indexes soar! 

QUESTION: Do you shop at TJs? Does your local trader joes ever get super crowded? (the one I go to is in downtown Manhattan and is ALWAYS insanely packed!)


7 comments:

  1. You look lovely! That sweater is so nice, love the colour.

    We don't have a TJ's up here in Canada. I can't even tell you how much I've heard from it from blogs - I must be missing something so good :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) and I am surprised you dont have a TJs nearby yet. I am sure they'll expand even more soon. They are getting so popular.

      Delete
  2. Love your outfit- so cute! I've actually only shopped at Trader Joe's twice. They opened one up in Fort Worth but it seemed tiny (not sure if they're all like that). I loved it but was so surprised at how much of it was frozen food. I was thinking it would be fresh/local. I think it was the first Trader Joe's in Texas? Could be making that up though haha so it was crazzzzzzzy packed. They opened another one in Dallas that I'm looking forward to going by soon. go New Year's resolutions! You got this girl! oh and going back to waking up at 6:30am for work this morning was ewww definitely a shock. gross!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are usually not so small but they do feel super small because they're always sooo crowded!!! ahhh lol. Thanks for the compliment on the outfit :)

      Delete
  3. It looks crazy at your TJ's !!! We don't have one over here. I used to go a lot when we lived in California.
    Love your sweater! Gorgeous colour!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Trader Joe's, but yes, it's always VERY crowded. I try to go on Wednesdays when I am off, rather than the weekends. The lines always go fast, which is nice :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment :)