Ma Bella Vita: Hungover on a Wednesday

Follow Me on Twitter!

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Hungover on a Wednesday

Random side note: this is post number 275th! Ive always had an affinity with the number 5 or multiples of 5. Just thought u should know ;)
So, Hello blog world!
This morning I woke up feeling like I had spent the last week drinking and wondering whether it was Saturday or Sunday. When my alarm went off I was immediately smacked in the face with the cruel reality that it is only Wednesday and I have a job so off I went to get ready.
Why the hangover status? Well, last night I went to dinner with a really good friend of mine. Lets call him Mr. R; Hi R! J. We went to one of my favorite places:



It is a tex-mex/Mexican spot with affordable food and super strong drinks. I ended up drinking 1.5 cups of something they like to call “the white flower” which is a mix of white wine sangria and some sort of alcohol that may or may not include tequila. I had to share the 2nd half of my 2nd drink with my friend because it was just too much. For food I had a “Mexican chicken wrap” which was amazing. I also had a salad on the side. I love Mexican food no matter how you slice it! I got caught up in the conversation and drinks and forgot to take a picture. Sorry!
My friend and I talked about everything under the sun (as usual) and then somehow managed to walk out of the place without falling on our way to the door. Fun times for sure! That’s one thing I really enjoy about our friendship—we can chat about anything, act silly and then pretend we are normal after all that. Haha
(Random note: my friend found my blog by mistake last year and this is one of his infamous comments about it: “You are very photogenic”  (huh? What is that supposed to mean? Lol)
Anyways, I managed to make it home around 12 ish. Thankfully my favorite bus driver was on shift and dropped me off right on the corner of my apartment (not an official bus stop). He is always super nice. I hope he didn’t notice my drunken status when I suddenly got up and asked if he minded leaving me “at the corner”. He jokingly (or half joking?) offered to drop me off in front of my building. That would have been pretty hilarious.  
Yesterday was day 2 of my “30 day shred” Jillian workout DVD series. I have to say the first day was rough but I am getting used to the workouts and once again loving her exercises. You know you are doing something right when you actually see results on your body. I was also super excited to know she’s back on the biggest loser. I am such a big fan of hers now!
So the last couple of days I’ve been having overnight oats (inspired by my Greek yogurt expiration date of 12/31). I had an empty peanut butter jar which I used yesterday. No jar for today so I used a regular container for this morning’s breakfast.
Today:


 
Either way, soo good! I added raisins and cinnamon to the mixture. I also had my cafĂ© w/ soy milk. Can’t go wrong with the Greeks for breakfast.

…And here’s today’s work outfit/accessories:







H&M cardigan, express skirt, NY&C bracelet, regular black shoes/print stockings.

Happy Hump Day!
Question: Have you ever been to a Blockheads? Do you like Mexican food?

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely catch up with a good friend - and yep, you are very photogenic!
    I love mexican food - don't ever eat it enough though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah it was a good time. Mexican food is always healthy in the fantasy world inside my head lol It gets a pass because I love it so much!

      Delete

Thank you for your comment :)