Ma Bella Vita: Fortunate Friday! And some of my eats today...

Follow Me on Twitter!

Friday, February 15, 2013

Fortunate Friday! And some of my eats today...

This is going to be quick because I'm going out to meet some friends (waiting for one of my buddies to pick me up) but just wanted to share:

This week I feel fortunate for...

1. Living in an apartment complex that is extremely clean and has excellent maintenance. Lord knows some parts of NYC are infested with certain things I don't even want to name (if you've ever been at a subway station in NY, you may know the deal). So, being able to live in a clean environment is quite the blessing!!! Things like that are never to be taken for granted!

2. Understanding the purpose for certain things in life, when one looks in retrospect. For example, this week it clicked to me that taking a finance course in undergrad was what triggered my interest in what is today one of my passions. Had I never taken that course or had I never majored in business perhaps I wouldn't have discovered that I enjoy investing. I am sure if we look back and think about certain things we went through we can come to realize they were the reason for something you consider significant in your life today.

3. Having my sister in my life and  being able to experience everything that comes with the passage of time and growing up together. It was my sister's 26th birthday yesterday (yes! Her bday is on Valentine's day). My gift to her was a collage of multiple pictures from all the races we've done together. Here is a very bad photo of it but you get the idea:

As part her gift, I am also signing us up for a 5K :)

4. Coming across a book I had bought about a year ago but hadn't started reading until this week. Book came at a perfect time! I will share more about the book sometime at the end of the month. I'm hoping to finish it by then.

5. Reaching 52 weeks of keeping a food diary!---This week I reached my year "anniversary" of keeping a food diary. I've kept food diaries in the past but usually for no longer than 3-4 months. This time I somehow kept it going for an entire year and I've learned A LOT. About my food triggers, which foods make me feel "good" or not so good, which calm me and bring me to a "happy place", etc. etc. My weight had fluctuated a lot in the past but I feel that my food diary has been a key instrument in helping me keep the weight off. It is an amazing tool.
By the way--- I not only write the foods I eat on my diary. I also write how I may be feeling that day or week, what "significant" or notable events may be going on in my life, among other things. Is half food journal/half diary. I want to go back through all the notebooks (I think I went through at least 5 or 6 in the past year) and read through some of my entries. I know I've come a long way!

***
In other news, I feel like I haven't been sharing much of my eats lately (I one of those interesting people that takes pics of all my food but I haven't had the time to share much with you guys. Here are some of today's eats.

Breakfast: Granola mixed w/ Greek yogurt, coffee and strawberries and SEVERAL cups of this--->

 (In an attempt to detox from all the chocolate I ate yesterday)

Lunch: Tried a tuna sub from Subway for the very first time. I am observing Lent (which has begun!) so I am not eating meat for the next 40 days. I loved the tuna and was pleasantly surprised:



Dinner: 1 cup vegetable rice, shrimp and side of steamed veggies + Avocado (yum)



Post dinner I had some chai tea.

Thank you for reading :) Is a long weekend so I am super excited!

Any exciting plans?

6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your sister!! love the collage..and love that your signing up for 5ks!

    The food diary is a FANTASTIC idea. congrats on 52 weeks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have a lot to be thankful for!
    That collage looks awesome, what a thoughtful gift.
    This weekend I'm excited for.....only having to work one day. What a blessing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! thats great. Time off from work is the best.

      Delete
  3. Hey, just found your blog! Congrats on the anniversary! That is so awesome and totally not easy to do. I'm a little erratic in my food journaling and I think it really has an impact on my diet. Erratic journaling = erratic diet. But I think you just inspired me to make a 1-year goal of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment :) you should definitely try the food diary thing. Is a life saver! I've been meaning to write a post about it for a while and keep postponing it. But is in the plans!

      Delete

Thank you for your comment :)