Ma Bella Vita: Made My Own Granola and is GOOD!!

Follow Me on Twitter!

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Made My Own Granola and is GOOD!!

Hey Everyone!

How you're all enjoying a good week! It probably goes without saying I haven't been so active lately with the blog because things have gotten quite busy. Nonetheless, here I am to share something I did this past weekend which I am super excited about: made my own granola!

I probably sound like the biggest nerd right now but after spending sooo much money on granola since I started my healthy-living journey (IE: I love the LoveGrown brand but is $$$) I decided to experiment and do my own.

Where do you go when you want to find out how to do something immediately?! Google! I found a great and simple recipe and to my surprise I had all the needed ingredients on hand! I entered the world "clean" on my search because granola can have quite a high amount of calories and fat so I wanted to make sure I found something I wouldnt have to feel guilty about eating.

Here is the recipe from Clean Eating Magazine.

I didn't have cranberries on hand so I used raisins (which I added after the granola was already made since I've never baked raisins before and wasn't quite sure how that would work.)


Here are some photos of the process--->


In to the Oven:




Out of the Oven:

Cut up in to Real Granola!:


Placed it in my containers from Almond Butter which I keep because I am crazy. One of the jars is almost halfway done:


And now I take it to work and mix it with my Greek Yogurt for breakfast! YUM!
 

Cant wait to experiment with more flavors!!! I also want to get cute containers to put it in :)

Question: Have you ever tried making granola, or anything at all that you had previously spent money on? or, do you rather just buy it?


2 comments:

  1. ooh that is pretty cool!! I've never would have thought to even attempt to make my own!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment :)