Ma Bella Vita: Fortunate Fridays and a Random Side Note

Follow Me on Twitter!

Friday, March 22, 2013

Fortunate Fridays and a Random Side Note

Hey everyone!

Another Friday has crept up on us for better or for worse and this is the first week of Spring! One of my friends mentioned spring must be stuck in traffic somewhere because is still SUPER COLD here in NYC (Cant stand it!). I think the anticipation of having warmer days and having to wait for mother nature to make up its mind is making things worse. But, the nicer days will come sooner rather than later so we may as well live in the present, bundle up and enjoy whatever the heck is going on right now.

Here is what I feel fortunate for this week:

1. The lessons/"friendly reminders" that life presents me with over and over again. This week's encore reminder: Never give up. on anything. ever. The mind can be an enemy or a friend. When is being an enemy it tells you that things are not possible and tells you to throw in the towel because you're only wasting your time. When this happens just remember this: DO. NOT. LISTEN. Life has shown me in more ways than one (and more than once) that there is always a solution if you keep pushing forward. Just keep moving. As one of my favorite saying goes: "God helps those who help themselves". Even if you feel like "there is no possible way this can work out" just ignore that, keep moving foward and do what you need to do. trust me.

2. Unexpected reunions with friends I haven't seen in a while-- Last weekend I went to a friend's party that was going to turn out to be a disaster but somehow my friends and I managed to turn the night around and we ended up having  a great time.

3. My finance professor being so understanding. enough said.

4. The fact that I have been able to maintain a healthy weight despite all my bad eating in the past few weeks. There is hope for me! I stepped on the scale after about a year of not weighting myself at all to see if I'd done any "damage" and the result put a smile on my face because it wasn't at all what I was expecting (in a good way). Please know that scales are not something I use (almost at all) but considering how crazy the past few weeks had been I needed to see what was going on! Now I am just that much motivated to jump back in to my healthy lifestyle. Not for looks or for vanity but because it makes me feel good inside and out and I enjoy it (although sometimes my love affair with chocolate tries to get in the way).

5. The blessing of being able to enjoy food and the luxury of being able to choose the foods that I want to eat. I feel fortunate/blessed every time I get to enjoy a healthy and satisfying meal. Sometimes we forger that not everyone has that option or "luxury" as I'd like to call it and that's something not to be taken for granted.


Sooooooooooooo random side note: I have a date tonight. Is a little weird to talk about dating on the blog but what the heck!! We are going to dinner at a place I've been dying to try for a while so we'll see how this goes. I'll fill you guys in (maybe) :).

TGIF!!!

What do you feel fortunate for this week?

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful! Almost a year and you were happy with your number on the scale? That's awesome, good for you.
    And, I love going to parties that I don't think I will enjoy, then with a positive attitude turning the experience into a GREAT one. Positive thinking, it helps so much.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment :)