Ma Bella Vita: My First Workout Outfit Splurge

Follow Me on Twitter!

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

My First Workout Outfit Splurge










Hey everyone!
Happy Tuesday! Today was a running day for me yet my eyes were not really happy about opening up when my alarm went off at 6:00 am. I gave myself a “break” until around 6:15 at which time I decided it was time to pull off the covers and get ready to head out the door. Not sure how the time fast-forwarded to 6:40 am by the time I left my apartment so I had to keep the run somewhat short this morning:






Either way it felt amazing to get that run in before starting my day.

So if you work out consistently (or even sporadically) I believe we each have something that keeps us motivated to start/maintain a fit and active lifestyle. When I began this journey my main emphasis was on losing weight but I quickly switched that focus to eating clean (most of the time) and working out at least 5 times a week- a much better strategy! I am happy to say that this month has been fantastic when it comes to maintaining my fitness-motivational-momentum (yes I just made that up).

Well, this past weekend found myself at Old Navy. I have a store very close to my apartment but its been ages since I’ve been in there! Well, to my surprise they have a work-out section filled with very modern and cute pieces and lets just say I was in there for a while just browsing around.  I have to be honest in that I am not a big spender when it comes to workout clothes and I usually just grab race t-shirts or anything I may find on sale at Marshalls or TJ Max. The idea of spending hundreds of dollars on workout outfits is not my cup of tea. However I understand some people are really in to that and that’s totally cool.

I decided to try on a few shirts and pants and found a combo that I absolutely loved. Super comfortable mesh shirt and pants that fit very nicely. I also felt “good” in it and started looking forward to my next run where I’d get to wear my “new outfit”.

Photo below was taken this morning before my run (pardon any randomness in the background):











The top was $14.99 and the pants around $22. I have to be honest I cringed a little at the price tag on the pants but I figured that I am worth it and deserve a new workout outfit I felt good in. Besides, back in the day I’d spend more than that on fast food and junk food so I often try to put my “healthy” expenses in to perspective and an investment in my overall well-being.

As mentioned, I took the outfit out for its first run this morning. The shirt felt great and kept me comfortable, cool, and feeling good during the entire run.  In terms of the tights; although they fit well and felt great when I tried them on; I noticed that they began to slide off my waist during my run. Not because they were big (I got a medium and they fit reasonably fitted when I wasn’t running) I guess they just roll down? Although the tag said they were not supposed to. I then started to wonder if I got the right size but I think a small would be too tight. I occasionally had to pull up the elastic waist during my run as I could feel a slight muffin top trying to come out and play (and we all know that’s a no! no!  how uncomfortable that can feel).

Besides the above outfit they had other cute stuff and I would like to go back and try out some more stuff. I absolutely love the top and cant wait for it to go on sale so that I can get some more (I am on the watch!) or, if there is a generous old navy executive reading this maybe they’d send me some coupons? Ha! However, like I mentioned, as the frugal person I can sometimes be, I rather wait for a good sale so I can really splurge (the right way).

Share with me!-- Where do you get your working out gear? Are you a fan of spending a lot of money or do you go the frugal (or free) route?

*Old Navy did not compensate me in any way for this post. I bought the above outfit with my own money this past Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment :)