Ma Bella Vita: My morning + My weekend: happy Monday!

Follow Me on Twitter!

Monday, July 15, 2013

My morning + My weekend: happy Monday!

“Your body only has the ability to love what you let it get used to”.

So this morning I woke up with the intention of running but then I was going back and forth on whether I should do my Jillian Michaels DVD instead. Well, I looked out the window towards the track and in less than a second confirmed that my body was craving a run instead.
I found the quote above on instagram and it made a lot of sense to me. Lately, Ive been on a “running every other day” plan and I think Im getting used to it in a way that if I don’t run on a day when Im set to do so—it just doesn’t fit right. So, off I went on a wonderful jog this morning and felt amazing. What makes me feel really motivated as well is the fact that I am usually not the only one out there. Several people in my neighborhood are also out bright and early: jogging, running, biking and walking. Its just the right amount of people which allows me to feel “support” around me (even if they are complete strangers) and motivates me to keep going. What a great feeling.

Today’s Jog Summary:


 

For breakfast, I decided to give the almond-butter on ezequiel bread a break and opted for granola with Greek yogurt + blueberries. Had to sprinkle some wonderful cinnamon on top and it definitely hit the spot (plus my café w/ almond milk, of course).



So I had a wonderful weekend overall. On Saturday I took out my 13 year old cousin on a shopping date and we had a wonderful time. We went to Panera for lunch and it was delicious. The Panera is literally down the block from me. I don’t know why I don’t go there more often!



What I had (1/2 veggie sandwich and ½ Greek salad):

 

What she had: Grilled chicken salad (yes. This 13 year old said she wanted to get a salad because it was “sooo good” last time she had it. Not because she is trying to be on any kind of diet but because it actually tastes good to her. For some reason, that put a smile on my face!):

 

I then brought her back to my apartment for a bit and she watched something called “pretty little liars” while I finished laundry. I am not sure why everyone is obsessed with that show. I tried to watch an episode to get in to it but it just wasn’t what I was expecting. Sorry to all the fans out there!

Sunday was also a great time. I went out to the lakes with friends. We ate veggie burgers, fruits, salads (apparently everyone was trying to eat healthy) and played everything from Frisbee (its been ages!) to volleyball. We also took a dip on the lake for a bit. We had a wonderful time and started to wonder why we don’t get together more often.

 

The weather did not disappoint!

And that my friends, was my weekend on a nutshell. Cheers to the summer!

Question: What are your thoughts on the quote above? How was your weekend?

1 comment:

  1. Sounds perfect!! Summer running days are the best, and there's nothing like listening to your body!

    I love Ezequiel bread!

    Happy Tuesday!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment :)