Ma Bella Vita: This week in Workouts and Still Meatless!

Follow Me on Twitter!

Saturday, July 6, 2013

This week in Workouts and Still Meatless!

Good day everyone!

I somehow managed to wake up at the crack of dawn (6:15 am- ish in my world) and was able to push myself through another day of Jillian Michaels. Today I completed week 2, day 5 of the 30 day shred series (keeping in mind I am alternating between Jillian and running every other day). I am feeling good to be able to keep the routine going more than anything. Actually, lets say I am working on building a consistent morning workout routine and is going good.

On my running days I now have a "virtual running team". Remember it was initially just my friend and I? well my friend recruited about 5 of her friends and now its getting serious as we are waking each other up each morning with a "WAKE UP AND RUN" text. I've always been the type of person to work out by myself but I have to say I am truly amazed with the power of support. I'll continue to update you guys on how that's going as we continue. We just completed our second week!

This Week In Workouts:

Sunday: Jillian Michaels 30 day shred week 2 day 2, 5 flights of stairs
Monday: 3.06 Mile jog + cool-down
Tuesday: Jillian Michaels 30 day shred week 2 day 3
Wednesday: 3.17 Mile Jog + cool-down
ThursdayJillian Michaels 30 day shred week 2 day 4, 10 flights of stairs
Friday: 2.36 Mile Jog, 10 flights of stairs + cool-down
SaturdayJillian Michaels 30 day shred week 2 day 5, 10 flights of stairs

So, the meatless experiment is going well so far. Today is the beginning of day 5 and the only thing I would say has been a little challenging is getting creative with my foods since I no longer having the option to eat chicken or other kind of meats. On my mind, a meal (specially a dinner) wasn't really complete without some kind of meat and with the challenge I'm learning to "work around it". 

For the first few days my lunches consisted of tuna on whole wheat bread for lunch. Lets just say that by Friday I didn't want to see tuna. I contemplated buying lunch to make things a little easier instead of bringing it from home as I usually do. But 1. I am cheap frugal and 2. When lunch time runs around at work (around 1-ish) I am usually starving and with no desire of walking around Manhattan pushing my way through tourists on my search for food. Hence, long and behold I got creative with some avocado:



Yes ladies! I made myself an avocado sandwich on 2 slices of 100% whole wheat bread (it has flax too!). One thing I forgot to point out is that I am allowing cheese (at least for this first week of the challenge. I seriously don't know how long I can do it for). So, Ive been having ha slice of reduced fat Swiss here and there with my lunch.  So, I present to you this Swiss- Avocado sandwich which was REALLY good, by the way (cant go wrong w/ avocado, right?!). I also ate some organic 'Food Should Taste Good" chips:
(side note: these are SOO good. The sweet potato ones are amazing too.)



Plus a banana and an orange a little later (not pictured).

Dinner is when things got "REAL" 'cuz I really had no clue what to do with myself. I had a few things on hand: Mushrooms, colorful peppers, onions, garlic and one of my fave seafood:  Shrimp!  So, I got my creative juices flowing and made a stir fry with all the ingredients mentioned (I used coconut oil spray from trader joes to mix everything together on a pan and seasoned everything with curry powder, cumin + little bit of Dash Seasoning). I then mixed the stir-fry with 1/2 cup of brown rice. To "wrap it all up" I had some broccoli on the side:



Can I just say this was so good and so simple to make! Definitely hit the spot. I may be making this more often. And by the way, I just recently introduced mushrooms in to my life (bought my very first pack of mushrooms last weekend) and I don't know how I ever lived without them! So good!

So still going strong! Im going to go on the net and find some cool recipes. I am excited to see how long I can really keep this going. BUT! The week aint' over yet so staying focused.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Saturday! See you soon.


With love,
Mabelle


2 comments:

  1. Congrats on keeping with Jillian's shred. I definitely need to do something like that, but I can't seem to motivate myself... funny how I can run all the time but not spend a half hour or whatever to do strength stuff!

    I like the sound of virtual running buddies, although I'm not sure a million such buddies could motivate me to wake up early to run. I'm glad it works for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol! I didnt think it would work either but somehow I feel the "pressure" to get up (I would say "good/motivating" pressure) and Im out the door. It surprises me. haha

    The Jillian thing is hard at first but you get used to it. I would definitely recommend it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment :)