Ma Bella Vita: Do Your Part!

Follow Me on Twitter!

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Do Your Part!




Sometimes we ask for things to happen in our lives. We pray, we hope, we day dream, we make plans, we even write out steps and then we wait.
 
Then, all of a sudden, God, the universe, a higher power (whatever you prefer to call it) presents us with an opportunity sometimes "in disguise". We may not realize it at the time and we may brush it off as it not being exactly what we were looking for. Meanwhile, if we make a decision to "dig deeper" we may find that a prayer, hope and/or dream has in fact been answered.

I am guilty of brushing off possible leads and opportunities while I wait for what I like to call "obvious answers". For example, if I am searching for a particular career I may be looking for the "obvious answer" which means meeting someone randomly who will offer me a full time position after a random 10 minute conversation. I am sure this is possible; however, what are the odds?
Meanwhile, I have been presented with opportunities (more than once) of people that work in a field I am interested in. I have met these people anywhere from formal events to volunteering outings to random parties. I have conversations with these people, I listen closely at what they do and I also share information about myself. At the end of the conversation the person is willing to exchange numbers and keep in touch. I am usually very excited but then… I do nothing.
 
And this doesn’t only happen with career-related scenarios. This can happen with pretty much any imaginable scenario from finding a mate to finding a place to live. Are you “digging” deep enough? Are you doing YOUR part?

I learned a long time ago that we do have to read between the lines and is probably a good idea to keep our eyes open for those kind of opportunities which, in all honesty, are likely the answers we've been looking for. Remember that taking action is what really makes the difference in our lives.
I vow to incorporate "action” in to my life more often in order to get to the next level of my goals and objectives and I encourage you to do the same!

This is my vow to God/world/the universe that I will DO MY PART and take advantage of the opportunities that are presented to me. Care to join me?!
Before I go, I want to share a story with you (which you have probably read before as it is very well known) but I believe is worth reading again and again until we understand its true meaning and begin to apply it in our lives:
 
***
While out to sea, a large boat became shipwrecked and there was only a single survivor. This man prayed and asked God to save his life. Soon thereafter, another boat came by and offered the man some help.
"No thanks," he said. "I'm waiting for God to save me."
 
The men on the boat shrugged their shoulders and continued. As the man became more deeply concerned, another boat came by. Again, the people aboard offered this man some help, and again he politely decline. "I'm waiting for God to save me," he said again. After some time, the man began to lose his faith, and soon after that he died. Upon reaching Heaven, he had a chance to speak with God briefly.

"Why did you let me die? Why didn't you answer my prayers?"
"Dummy, I sent you two boats!"
 
***

And, don’t take this literally but u get the point:

 

Dont miss your next chance @ something great! Take chances, do your part.

Tell me, can you identify circumstances where you can do YOUR part to make your dreams come true?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment :)