Ma Bella Vita: Fortunate Fridays- the Everything Will be Okay edition

Follow Me on Twitter!

Friday, April 4, 2014

Fortunate Fridays- the Everything Will be Okay edition

Hello ladies and gents!
 
Welcome to another edition of fortunate Fridays! Hope everyone had an amazing week!
I have to be brutally honest in that this past week has been a roller-coaster of emotions for me personally. I was going through a personal issue which I don't want to get in to at the moment. Thankfully today I am feeling a lot better about the situation as a whole and I am finally finding the peace and harmony that I need in my life and in my heart.
 
It has taken a lot of prayer, random moments of crying and feeling like I wanted to crawl in to a hole and die, a lot of moments of wondering what if, etc. etc. Thankfully, there comes a moment of serenity when things finally start to make sense and you start to let go of the almost suffocating feeling of helplessness and you transition in to a phase where you finally understand that things are not just going to be okay, they will be wonderful. There is nothing more true than a saying I once received from the universe ;)

 Mabel, happiness always returns.
You know, in case you should ever sense its absence.
~The Universe
Moving on to this fortunate Fridays. I just want to demonstrate that even in dark moments, we can learn to see the light if we really try. There is always, always, something to feel thankful and fortunate for. And here is my list for the week:
 
1. Finishing my second race of the year this past weekend! A very rough and hilly 5-miler in central park which left me exhausted! But so, so thankful I was able to complete it and thankful for the quality time enjoyed with my sister, whom I love, and some pretty cool people.

 


 
My running parthner (I've ran 2 halfs and multiple 5Ks next to this wonderful gal):


Delicious Brunch post Race:
 
 
 
Creme of Spinach soup (absolutely delicious!)


Eggs Benedict (Not so good. I've had better)

2. Completing a presentation for my finance class which I was kinda' dreading (and almost rescheduled) it is over and done! And I think it went pretty well.

3. Receiving an acceptance letter for a pretty cool internship this summer (there is a combination of being super scared and super excited about it). More on this coming soon.

4. Finding serenity in my heart and soul and knowing for sure that the best is yet to come.

5. Again-- my mom, her support and her comforting words have helped me a lot during these times. Thankful for her presence.

6. The ability to have choices and the realization that I can make my life whatever I want it to be.

7. New babies in the family! My cousin just gave birth to the most gorgeous baby boy and it was awesome meeting him this past sunday.

Tell me, What are your fortunate for this week? What are your plans for the weekend?


Found this and absolutely loved it:






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment :)