Ma Bella Vita: My Happy Places (Part 1)

Follow Me on Twitter!

Monday, April 7, 2014

My Happy Places (Part 1)

Hope everyone had a great weekend and a great Monday!


This weekend I spent a lot of time with my parents. I decided to pay them a visit on Saturday and pretty much stayed over at their place until this morning (my parents live about 15-20 minutes away-- driving distance-- from my apartment so it is kinda' nice to have them close). I have to admit that it just felt good to be in their presence and to feel the love that only parents can provide. I kinda' missed that. It's been a while since I spent an entire weekend with them. 

For some time now I have been trying to put together a list of my personal "happy places" and my parent's home is without a doubt on the list. This post will be part one of a series of post where I talk about places that bring me happiness-- and why. Sometimes the reason is irrelevant. As long as something lifts your spirits and makes you feel better, that's all that matters. Happiness needs no explanation. I encourage you to search for your own personal happy places. Being reminded of what brings you joy can be beneficial for the heart and soul in good times as well as not so good times. 


Anyways, while at my parent's place I got my hair done (Saturday), wen to mass and then got my nails done (Sunday). I also ate some good homemade food and indulged in a bit of apple pie and vanilla ice cream yesterday. My mom loves to bake random stuff so whenever I am over there I am almost guaranteed to be surrounded by some kind of dessert.




Mass was great and brought peace to my heart. It emphasized the subject of surrendering our troubles to the lord once we have done what we can. Sometimes we forget to let go and let God do what needs to be done. Felt good to be reminded of that.


Additional pics from the weekend:



Made Banana Bread on Friday night (had several bananas that were past the ripe stage and I mean super-duper passed. Perfect for some delicious baking):





A failed attempt at Kale Chips. I have a feeling I didn’t leave them in the oven long enough. Recipe called for 15-20 minutes but next time I may go for the 30. Needless to say I threw out almost the entire thing:




A visit to the library where I found this awesome book:




Didnt go to class today. Needed a mental health day!!! So i am here relaxing for a bit!


Cheers to a smooth week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment :)