Ma Bella Vita: My Happy Places (Part 2)

Follow Me on Twitter!

Saturday, April 19, 2014

My Happy Places (Part 2)

{If you missed Part 1 check it out Here}

I absolutely love, love, love Barnes and Noble. I'll be more specific and say that I LOVE the Barnes and Nobles with the "built in" Starbucks. I am not sure whether there is a location without a Starbucks café anywhere around the country, but just in case.

I am privileged to have a location walking distance from my apartment and is definitely one of my favorite places. I come here on Saturday or Sunday mornings and get so much work done! I usually bring my breakfast with me but always get coffee of course because it would be kinda' imprudent for me to just sit here without buying anything.

On the "grab and go" breakfast menu today:

Almond butter & Strawberry Jam on Ezequiel raisin bread.



I have been coming to this particular location for about 5-6 years (even before I moved to the area). I know the "traffic" well enough to know that I need to be here at least within 2 hours of opening time because it tends to get super busy, particularly in the afternoons, and there is no way to focus or get anything done. However, during morning hours it is always so peaceful and I feel so focused on whatever I need to get done, specially for school.

I know there is probably a lot of issues around the fact that this is a private company that's only after a profit and that maybe I should be supporting local shops. Trust me, if I had a local/independent shop I would support it but there is none around my way! I've also heard issues with B&N having a Monopoly when it comes to book stores and how they've run out the competition. In  all honesty, I don't think about any of that. I feel good here. I love it. Brings me Joy to be surrounded by people simply having a cup of Joe', reading and enjoying there time here. And there is absolutely nothing wrong with that!!!

I plan to head to the gym after this to get my sweat on so, lets get this day started! Happy Saturday everyone! <3

Love,

Mabelle

Tell me--- What's your favorite coffee shop/book store? (if they are located in NYC I would love to try them out).

I was not compensated for this post in any way, shape, or form. I really do like this place. the end. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment :)