Ma Bella Vita: Fortunate Friday {New Beginnings Edition}

Follow Me on Twitter!

Friday, June 13, 2014

Fortunate Friday {New Beginnings Edition}

Hi!!

Many of you may be thrilled today is finally Friday. Although Fridays are always great today is a little bittersweet for me because is my last Friday in NYC. Next week I will be starting a new life (even if temporary) in a whole 'nother state. This is what I love about life: That it is unpredictable and sometimes serendipitous-- you never know what will happen to you tomorrow or the next day or the next month. Today you can be sitting at your local cafĂ© and a year from today you can be exploring the wall of china with your husband and new baby. Life can be so random and that's why we love it.

Anyways, enough rambling. This was a week of a lot of activity. I finally purchased everything I needed for my trip (including luggage) so now is just a matter of packing and putting everything together.

Here is what I feel fortunate for this week:

1. An AMAZING canoe trip this past Saturday. We had such a great time. It was my very first time getting in a canoe and I almost didn't do it. In all honesty, I was scared of falling over or going down some crazy waterfall/rapids and not being able to survive (a vivid imagination can be brutal). However, once I realize how calm the water was and how  safe everything was I was able to calm down, chat, and enjoy quality time. Would definitely do this again.


2. Finished buying every single thing I needed for my trip. I went to target and went a little crazy/over-confident grabbing stuff only because I had about 3 gift cards with me. When I got to the cashier I even had to stop her midway through the ringing up of my stuff to ask her if the balance was accurate (yes, it was that crazy!)...$150 on "Basics" seemed unreal. Thankfully the gift cards brought my balance down to $25 bucks.  You don't know how fortunate I felt that very second!! Halleluiah.

3. More quality time with friends-- I kinda' made it an "unwritten" plan to see as many of my friends and loved ones as possible before I leave to VA/DC. Thankfully, that's exactly what happened. I saw 3 of my very close friends and got to catch up during dinner or a leisure lunch. Great times indeed. Here is a pic with my friend Ana and I:


 
 
Dinner with my Friend Yosie involved this delicious salad:



4. The fact that my internet is still working! I was under the impression my cable company was going to cut off everything today but is still going and I am able to write this post. Yeyy. So yeah, I cut off all bills in my apartment while I am gone. 'Gotta save as much as I can.

5. Fitness-- I know I say this almost every week but being able to keep up an exercise regime has kept me sane and feeling good these past weeks. Sometimes we forget how amazing endorphins are when we go through our "leisure hiatus phases" as I like to call it.

6. My parents-- (yes, again) they came this week to help me clean out and rearrange some stuff from my apartment before I leave. They seriously cant be any more amazing.

And that's all folks! I am going to leave it at that although I am sure I can think of a lot more stuff (there is always something to be thankful for). I have a few more errands to run and I woke up a little on the later side today so I am looking forward to making the best out of this day. Next time I post it may or may not be from another state (we shall see)!

Tell Me, What was the best part of YOUR week? Any plans for the weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment :)