Ma Bella Vita: Fortunate Fridays {Incredibly Grateful} Edition

Follow Me on Twitter!

Friday, August 8, 2014

Fortunate Fridays {Incredibly Grateful} Edition

Ummm how is it Friday already?! 

How are you guys doing?! First of all, my apologies for missing last week's Fortunate Friday post. I was on a roll with this series and then a weekend came along when I didn't feel so "great" mostly from stress and stuff I needed to take care of. Hence, the motivation to complete a Fortunate Fridays post was not really there :-/. Don't get me wrong--- great things did happen last week. My mind was just not there to share much. I am human and my life, although I am incredibly grateful for it, is not perfect. I am sure you all out there can relate and understand.

But anyways.... I am back!

Have so much to say but I'm not sure if I call fill it all in to this one post so I'll try and make this a normal one.

And here is what I feel fortunate {incredibly grateful} for this week:

1. My friend Dana! Words can't even describe my appreciation for the fact she opened her apartment to me during my last week of the internship. She allowed me to sleep in her all-so-comfy couch. I felt so welcomed! Needless to say she greeted me with flowers, candy, and the most delicious banana bread she could find at the farmers market! How. Amazing.Is.She?!



Although after the weekend was over we just saw each other in the evening after work, we had an amazing time talking about careers, dating, and life in general. We also checked out a few really good restaurants in the process. And took one too many photos:












Yummy Foods:






**she also took me with her to a body pump class at her gym which was tough but super fun. That girl can lift some heavy weights!

2. The serendipitous way in which I found the topic for my final presentation at the internship (where there was a whole lot of people to impress). I was freaking out and then the perfect company "magically" appeared ;)

3. Successfully getting through one of the most nerve-wrecking presentations of my life to date and feeling amazing after.

4. Successfully getting through my entire internship this summer. Everything from pitches, to videos, to presentations, to quality time with Microsoft excel. I am walking away a completely different, much more knowledgeable person. This experience was priceless and I can't wait for what's to come!

5. All the great people I was able to interact with and learn from!

Bonus: being able to cover pretty much all "touristy" places here in DC. During my last weekend at the GWU dorms I was able to make my way to the (free) Smithsonian museums. Went to the American History museum and gave myself a nice tour.


As the foodie that I am; couldn't contain my excitement when I walked in to the Julia Child's and "evolution of food" exhibit. Great times!!!
 


...and that's all folks!

I am far more knowledgeable. I am happy, I am healthy. I am more well rounded. I know what I don't know. Understand more of what I know. I have a much clear picture of what I want. I have a more clear picture of where I am headed. of what makes me happy. I am excited for the future. Excited for what's to come. Excited for life. Feeling incredibly blessed. Thank you Jesus for all these blessings!

I am not going to lie about the fact this summer had ups and downs but the amount of ups more than made up for anything else. Also, the phrase "this too shall pass" presented itself and reaffirmed how true it really is :)

I move back to NYC this weekend and I seriously can't wait. I miss my apartment, my friends, my family; and everything else I have to look forward to!




Meme of the week goes to:


 *For some reason I came across this on instagram and it really stood out to me.

Cheers to Friday! Any plans this weekend?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment :)