Ma Bella Vita: The best thing I do after workouts

Follow Me on Twitter!

Saturday, November 1, 2014

The best thing I do after workouts

Hey everyone!

It is now November!! Can you believe it?

It is a rainy Saturday here in New York City. Its also a little chilly. I love days like this as long as I can chill at home with some movies and some relaxation. I actually just came back from a nice gym workout! Relaxing always feels a lot better after putting in some work.

I've been a little bit busy these past several weeks. I'd like to share a little something with you guys but will wait a bit before I go in to details. I am super excited about it, more on that coming soon. So far things are hectic and crazy and busy  but I wouldn't have it any other way. Is true what they say-- when you find your passion work never feels like work.

So anyways the purpose of this post is to share something I've been doing after workouts which helps to re-energize me and adds on to the endorphin that I already get to enjoy after every sweat session. After doing a quick stretch and confirming my workout was recorded on my iphone app; I drive home to enjoy this:

Okay lets be serious. I don't live in the middle of the Caribbean (anymore) and I don't go home and break myself an actual coconut. By the above I mean that for the past month and a half I've been incorporating coconut water in to my routine post workouts and is the best thing I've done in a while! I used to make myself a green juice post workouts (which is still great) but I was getting bored and needed a change. I had been coming across articles on the amazing benefits of coconut water, specially after a workout, so I decided that would be a perfect alternative.

Imagine my surprise when a few weeks ago, as if the universe was giving me a big nod on this new routine, I received an email from  Cocozia asking whether I'd like to give their product a try! To be honest I was not very familiar with the brand so I jumped on their website. After reading about the quality of the product and confirming their drink is an 100% organic I was super excited to try it out.

To my surprise, the delivery arrived exactly on my birthday on October 25th! How cool is that?! It added on to the amazing things happening that day:



I even texted my sister who is a huge coconut water fan {a lot more than me}

{lets just say she was jealous but yes, i shared one with her ;)}

The drink is delicious and the container size I received has 40 calories per serving. Each container has about two servings. Something I immediately noticed after my first sip is that the drink is not as sweet as the brands I have been drinking since I started my 'coconut water routine'. It is organic for a reason, as it tastes just like water from a coconut. Here are some of the amazing benefits which are posted right on the container:


I asked my sister her opinion and she loved it as well. I'd definitely recommend this drink for those people out there looking for a refreshing and replenishing drink post-workouts. As I said, you wont be caught off guard with any overly-sweetness. You'd get to simply enjoy and a nice cool drink filled with electrolytes and only the good stuff!

I received the original, however, the drinks comes in five different flavors. Check out their website for more information. You can also follow them on Facebook or twitter. If you'd like to give it a try and order a few, check out their amazon page

This drink is definitely approved in my book. Its definitely something I will be picking up at my local grocery store once I run out of my current "stash".

...ok time to finish drinking this and heading to the shower:



Thank you for reading!

Tell me, what is your favorite drink (or food) to have post-workouts?


*Cocozia sent me a free trial of their product. All opinions are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment :)