Ma Bella Vita: JoJo NYC Brunch Review

Follow Me on Twitter!

Thursday, January 22, 2015

JoJo NYC Brunch Review

Good morning!

Hope everyone is having a great week so far. Ive had quite the busy week myself working all the time but I love it and have no complaints. There is something about doing what you love that nothing ever feels like work. But, more on that coming soon.

One of the featured posts you'll see from time to time on the blog will be reviews of restaurants I have been to. I currently live in New York City--an amazing place with incredible places to eat. I try to be very mindful of my budget most of the time (because it can get pretty expensive). However, once in a while I meet up with good friends and loved ones at restaurants throughout the city. 

This past  weekend I was able to meet up with a very good friend of mine whom I hadn't seen in a couple of years. Life got busy and we lost touch but we reunited again this past Saturday and it was like time never passed. We decided on brunch and her place of choice was:


Location:



I have been to JoJos once before a while ago but once I entered the location, I wondered why i had taken so long to return. As soon as I came in, the nice host greeted me and asked to take my coat. 

My friend had not arrived yet so one of the waitresses walked me to the reserved table. I felt it was nice they didn't ask me to wait outside (it was freezing!) or stay standing there like an idiot until my friend arrived. I was able to go to the table immediately and made myself comfortable as I waited. In the meantime I enjoyed some coffee and browsed through the menu:


I also took a minute to admire the cozy ambiance:

Photo courtesy of UrbanSpoon simply because it looks a lot nicer than the one I took but this is exactly what the place looks like. My friend and I sat at the corner table by the window on the left.

My friend arrived shortly after. We immediately made our orders.



They have so many delicious brunch goodies to choose from. I am on this new health kick so I wasnt sure what to go for. I opted for the Goat Cheese Frittata which did not disappoint. The combination of the eggs and feta with the herbs, zucchini, and shiitake was to die for. A nice plus were the roasted potatoes on the side. They also serve you complementary bread and butter upon request! 



My friend had the___ which is raved about and loved as well.


Ironically, while browsing through my Wall Street Journal weekend edition that same weekend, I realized they had a piece on JoJos:




$$-- The average price for items in the brunch menus is around $16. My friend and I split the bill and ended up paying $25 each, including tax. This is not bad at all considering we live in one of the most expensive cities in the world! Plus, for the location, food, and company it was all well- worth it. 

The infamous picture with my beloved friend (I rarely leave a restaurant without taking one, specially if I am meeting up with people dear to me):



...And that's all folks. Really enjoyed my time at JoJos NYC. If you have a chance one of these weeekends, I encourage you to check it out.

Tell me-- What is your favorite brunch spot in New York OR in your own city?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment :)