Ma Bella Vita: Fortunate Fridays {'Red Velvet cake and so much more' edition.}

Follow Me on Twitter!

Friday, February 20, 2015

Fortunate Fridays {'Red Velvet cake and so much more' edition.}

Bkfst this morning: PB&J on sprouted wheat cinnamon-raisin bread, cafe w/ soy milk. 

This week was pretty normal, which is a good thing. Nothing out of the ordinary really happened other than the fact that I worked a whole lot but also had time to hit the gym, read, and do other things I am passionate about. I discovered some new podcast (well, one in particular) which I think is incredible (specially for entrepreneurs) and which I've been listening to any chance I get. I'll share more on that soon.

So, as it is the norm each Friday of the week; here is a recapitulation of FIVE things I've felt grateful and fortunate for. Enjoy!

1. Spending quality time with my little cousin: I love living on my own but I'm not going to lie that it does get lonely sometimes. My little cousin was on vacation from school this entire week so I invited him over for a sleep over on Monday night. I allowed him to stay up until midnight which is probably not good at all (can you tell I don't have kids yet?) but I enjoyed his company nonetheless.



2. Coming across awesome Ted-Talks: One of them came up randomly on my Facebook news feed the other day. It has to be one of the best talks I've ever heard. Check it out: Why We All Need To Practice Emotional First Aid.

3. My cousin is now a U.S citizen: So proud of him for passing his exam!

4. My mother's Valentine's day card: It did arrive a few dates late (thank you US Mail). But I loved receiving in and loved the message. It definitely put a huge smile on my face.



5. Coming home to a warm and cozy apartment: The temperature in New York City has been beyond cold lately. Specially at night time. Last night one of those specially cold nights and I was so incredibly grateful when I stepped inside my apartment and immediately felt the welcoming warmth of the heater. They say is the little things in life but at that very moment-- that was huge! I am conscious that a lot of people don't have shelter or a place to go home to when is freezing outside. I don't take these things for granted!

...and by the way, as I mentioned last week- Saturday was my sister's bday. My mom went all out baking ton of delicious goodies. Ive been so good with my healthy eating lately but was unable to resist eating a slice of Red Velvet cake (my favorite and second only to carrot cake). I have to say i enjoyed every bite. YOLO, indeed. 




Thankfully I was able to keep it at that and the rest of the week was fully back on track in terms of my healthy lifestyle (yeyy).

And thats all folks. Thank you for reading! Hope you all have a fabulous weekend.

Tell me, what was the best thing that happened to you this week?





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment :)