Ma Bella Vita: My Happy Places (Part 3) {and a life lesson}

Follow Me on Twitter!

Monday, February 2, 2015

My Happy Places (Part 3) {and a life lesson}

Hey all!

Hope everyone had a great weekend. New York City woke up to a whole lot of snow and ice this morning. Thankfully I work from home during the day, hence, I was able to stay indoors. I did step outside to try and clean off my car and heat it up for a bit. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get it out of the snow just yet. Will try again tonight. Pray for me!

So anyways, I am here to share with you all another one of my happy places. If you missed parts I and II of this series see below.

Happy Places Part 2

Happy Places Part 1

This weekend I was feeling a little bummed out about a particular situation. Instead spending the weekend in depression mode, I decided to get it together and took a very productive trip to my local Trader Joes. I have to drive about 20 minutes from my apartment to get there so I don't really go often. I do, however, compile a list of "Trader Joe Favorites" which I add to as the days, weeks and months go by. I wasn't able to get everything that I needed, specially almond butter. I was a little bummed out about it (peanut butter it is, until further notice). But here is what I did get:


One huge life lesson I have been learning during the past several months is that we cant always control what people will do or life randomness. However, we always have control over how we feel about things. I used to think the saying was so "cliche" and would even get annoyed whenever I would hear it or see it posted somewhere.

However, I have realized the truth behind that and the immense power we all have to take control of our emotions and subsequently change our state of mind and situations. It is definitely not an easy automatic thing to choose to be optimistic, we have to work at it. But guess what-- I rather work at being optimistic and grateful rather than let my mind take over and make me miserable and depressed. What would you choose?



How about we take it one day at the time. Happiness always returns.

Thank you for reading!

Tell me, what is your favorite item to get a Trader Joes?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment :)