Ma Bella Vita: What I know for sure Sundays I: People and acceptance

Follow Me on Twitter!

Sunday, February 15, 2015

What I know for sure Sundays I: People and acceptance

Good morning lovelies,

Hope everyone had a nice day yesterday-- whether you spent it with family, friends, a special person or simply on your own; I hope it was fabulous.

I woke up around 9-ish and made myself a quick and easy breakfast:

PB&J on sprouted wheat cinnamon-raisin bread, cafe w/ soy milk.

I miss almond butter dearly but haven't been able to get my hands on a jar. Hopefully that will change soon. Peanut butter is okay but nothing compares to almond. Would you agree?

Anyways, the purpose of this post is to share a series I have been thinking about for a while. We all have life lessons; experiences we feel have taught us a lot and sometimes we feel the need to share those 'valuable lessons' with others. If you read Oprah magazine, the name of the series might sound familiar. The last page of every issue is entitled "what I know for sure" and is a space where Oprah herself shares her own personal life anecdotes, what she's learned and what she now 'knows for sure'.

I would like to kick off this series with the following:

What I know for sure:


...people are who they are. You either take them as they are or love them from a distance. 


I've had instances in my life where people showed me their true colors from the very beginning. I kept hoping these people would change either by 'magic' or influenced by me. I soon realized that's not possible. People rarely ever change their ways. If the do is because they personally want to change not because anyone tells them to. 


Sometimes people have wake up calls when is too late. Sometimes they understand their actions and make a conscious effort to be better. However, we should never take it personal if someone refuses to do better for themselves or doesn't "listen to us". We should let people be free to be who they are. Thankfully, we ALL have the power to control our own actions. Hence, whether or not we want to keep that energy in our lives is entirely up to us.

"You cannot change the people around you, but you can change the people you choose to be around".


Tell me, would you agree with today's message? Does this situation sound familiar? if so, how?




2 comments:

Thank you for your comment :)