Ma Bella Vita: Weeknight Dessert Idea (making up for lost time)

Follow Me on Twitter!

Friday, May 22, 2015

Weeknight Dessert Idea (making up for lost time)

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. All opinions are my own. #LetsMakeSmores #CollectiveBias #Sponsored

Hello my loves,

Before we get to this:



I have a confession to make.

My name is Mabel. The first time I ever had a S'more in my entire life was last summer, at the age of 30. 

Can u believe that?!

Not sure if this is an excuse by any means but I grew up in a Hispanic household and (sadly) S'mores are not necessarily a common dessert within our culture. Growing up, the treat was something I only saw in 'American movies'. Funny, huh?! Thankfully, one of my best friends saved me from my 30 years of S'mores celibacy when she invited me to a get together at her lake house last summer. We spent two blissful days enjoying gorgeous weather and some quality time by the campfire. At my very first taste of S'mores I fell in love and came to the conclusion I had to make up for lost time. There's probably a lot of delicious treats I should be catching up on. 

I would love to say that I was able to eat more S'mores again shortly after that experience but the truth is, I didn't get another chance until recently. During a trip to Walmart the other day I came across all the necessary ingredients to make this delicious treat. And so, candid memories from last summer started coming back. I don't have any camping trips planned (yet) and I don't live anywhere near a campfire (my apartment is up in a NYC high rise!). However, after 2 seconds of contemplation, I came to the conclusion that there is no rule saying a campfire is needed to make S'mores. And so, I bought everything I needed, determined to find a way I could make these at home.


In case you are curious, here is where I found each item:

Hershey's Milk Chocolate Bars (6 pack)- Candy Aisle 34 (second shelf from bottom up)





Honey Maid Graham Cracker Squares (exclusively at Walmart)- Crackers/Cookie Aisle 11 (bottom shelf)





Kraft Jet Puffed Marshmallows- Coffee, etc. Aisle 19 (bottom shelf)



I came home excited to make these at some point during the week after a long day at work. I always look forward to a delicious sweet treat after dinner. My sister is in town for work so I invited her to pass by my apartment and make S'mores with me. Needless to say, no much convincing was needed. She was a bit skeptical about making these at home. I insisted- Who said that S'mores can only be made by the campfire?

There is nothing an oven and a very creative imagination cant do. And guess what, this entire process took less than 10 minutes!

Ingredients:
  • Oven with a 'broiler' option
  • Hershey Chocolate 6 pack
  • Jet Puffed Kraft Marshmallow
  • Honey Maid Graham cracker square
  • A sweet tooth and a creative imagination
Preparation:
  • Pre-heat over to 350 degrees, set to broiler (I used my very convenient counter-top oven).
  • Place aluminum paper over the oven-friendly pan
  • Place marshmallows to taste
  • Let marshmallows heat up for about 6-7 minutes until brown




Did anyone request toasted marshmallows? yum.

Make sure you have all the needed ingredients spread out nicely on a plate (you know, just makes it quicker and easier to dig in to this heavenly treat). 


Now, take one graham cracker square, ad a square of the Hershey chocolate, add a warm marshmallow, add the other side of the cracker on top, and watch how it all melts in to perfection:



Optional- Organize it nicely for your guest:



Mandatory- Take a bite and take the time to savor it, life is good:


...this was the end result:



An evening well spent.


I had such a fun time making this in my apartment and sharing the experience with my sister, whom I don't get to see often. We had a mini get together in the middle of the week and I couldn't have been more excited. I look forward to making more of these over the summer, as I mentioned before- I have a lot of catching up to do. Any day can be a S'mores day!

 I encourage you to do the same. Tell me how it goes :)

Thanks for reading.

Love,

Mabelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment :)